Thursday 29 March 2012

wheat field

5x7inches
oil on canvas
After watching lots and lots of  Vincent van Gogh  (big fan of his work) documentaries I couldn't stop painting wheatfieds. You can watch some on youtube; the good ones are "Power of art" BBC,
" Life of a masterpiece" is about his sunflower painting. There was also a piece on CBS 60minutes about his death that he did not commit suicide but was accidentally shot by some kids. If you are a fan please check these out.
For Canadians there is good news, some of van Goghs paintings are coming to National gallery in Ottawa in May (not sure about the date) please checkout the website for more information. I personally won't miss this. Opportunity of a lifetime so to speak.
Another good news for Picasso lovers. AGO (in Toronto) will have Picassos work starting in May, please check for date. Won't miss this one either although not a big fan. People ask me that why go to the galleries when there is web. I used to think the same until I saw the Courtald collection at the AGO. I just stood there in aw. First word that came out was "wow". Watching a painting on the screen is not the same as as looking at it in front of  you. I just couldn't leave the gallery but too bad I had to otherwise they would have charged me for loiterring. Anyway, don't miss the van Gogh.

No comments:

Post a Comment