Monday 19 March 2012

process #1

Somebody asked me the process of my paintings from start to finish. First of all thank you for asking and I am very flatterd. There is no specific way of making a painting. Sometimes I would make a sketch and paint straight on the canvas and sometimes first a sketch then quick painting on masonite board and then to canvas. I sometimes sketch then watercolor and then on to canvas. As i have said before, most of my paintings come from imagination and are very simple; so while travelling to work I think of a landscape and make a quick 5min. sketch. Travelling back  I would consider the colors and then work according to my mood. So here is one of my new paintings and the steps. As the oil painting progress the painting comes out a little different from the initial sketch.
initial quick sketch



watercolor




oil on canva
5x7 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment